The official corporate name shall be *GOLD COAST JUNIOR GOLF FOUNDATION, INC.* [a 501 (C) (3) Non-Profit Corporation]
The foundation is incorporated under the laws of the State of Florida for the purpose of providing junior golfers the opportunity to participate in a quality junior golf program throughout the year and learn to play by the Rules of Golf and Sportsmanship. A nine member Board of Directors manages the affairs of Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation, Inc. The GCJGF is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (C) (3) non-profit corporation.
The mission of the Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation, Inc. is to provide junior golfers under the age of nineteen the opportunity to participate in organized golf competitions or golf related events with others their age and skills level. An emphasis is placed on the benefits to life, society, and community that can be derived through Education, Leadership, Teamwork, and Fellowship by participating in a sport where each individual player is responsible for playing under the rules of golf and fair play. The leadership of the older players is exemplified for the younger players by their individual and team goals, creating an environment for the young people to share and enjoy the fellowship of others with the same high commitments.
Board of Directors
A Board of Directors to consisting of a range of nine to twenty (9-20) Directors shall govern the foundation. The terms of the Board members shall be for a period of two (2) years in duration and will be elected each even numbered year at the annual meeting.
2. At each annual meeting of the foundation for the purpose of electing new directors, a majority of the votes cast by those members present and entitled to vote shall be necessary to elect directors. The Board of Directors shall fill vacancies existing from time to time for the un-expired term of the vacancy. The Board shall have general charge, management and control of the affairs, funds and property of the foundation; it shall have full power and it shall be the duty of the Board to carry out the purpose of the foundation according to the law and as provided for by these By Laws.
3. The order of business in any meeting shall be:
a) Reading of the Minutes
b) Treasurer’s Report
c) Old Business
d) New Business
e) General Business
Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern the procedure at all regular and special meetings of both the Board of Directors and the Membership. It shall be necessary to have a quorum (2/3) to transact any business of the Board of Directors.
The officers of the foundation shall be elected by the Board of Directors and shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Executive Director. The Board of Directors shall meet immediately after the termination of the annual membership meeting of the foundation, at which time the Board shall elect officers for the next ensuing term.
The President shall be the chief executive officer of the foundation, and shall have ex-officio privileges on all standing and special committees. He or she shall appoint standing committee chairman and a nominating committee, and shall apply and enforce all rules and regulations of this foundation. He or she shall be authorized to sign checks or debit/credit card charges on the foundation accounts. The President shall be limited to two (2) consecutive terms as President.
The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in the absence or disability of the President. He or she shall be responsible for all publicity and be responsible for keeping the membership fully advised of all activities of the foundation.
The Secretary shall keep and preserve minutes of all meetings of the foundation and the Board of Directors. He or she also maintains the files and shall conduct all correspondence of the foundation. He or she shall maintain full and accurate records of foundation.
The Treasurer shall present an accurate financial statement at each meeting of the Board of Directors and each membership meeting. He or she shall be authorized to sign checks or debit/credit card charges on the foundation’s accounts.
The Executive Director shall be responsible for the daily operation of the foundation, including all activities and tournaments. He or she will contract on the behalf of the foundation with courses and hotels as required. He or she shall be authorized to sign checks or debit/credit card charges on the foundation’s accounts.
Playing Membership is open to all boys and girls between six (6) and eighteen (18) years of age. Playing members shall not be entitled to or have any right to vote on any of the affairs of the foundation.
2. Non-Playing members shall consist of the natural parents or legal guardians of a playing member. A parent or guardian may cast one (1) vote at the annual membership meeting for each playing member in their family.
3. The term of membership shall be from September 1st to August 31st of each season.
4. The annual membership meeting shall be held during the month of January of even numbered years for the purpose of electing members to the Board of Directors. If necessary, the membership shall also meet at any time that a special meeting may be called by the President or at the request of five (5) members of the Board of Directors; notice of such meeting to be given to each member not less than (5) days prior to said meeting.
All communications with members will be through the use of email, texting, and/or the foundation’s official websites.